I am here live at this stage of a horrible event every merry-go round horse have come to life and ran away this is the 100th time this has happened in the world. People are now writing letters to the government, but what will the government do, are we safe stay tuned for more updates on this tragic story, back to Chuck Charles in the studio.
Thank you Jenny that’s it for today news we will have more updates through out the night on this tragic story thanks for watching and goodnight from the whole team.
Photo from this tragic event
Recalls: Sky blue
Insight: Navy Blue
This text was about how Haiti’s earthquake did more damage then the one in Chile even though the one in Chile was stronger [in force]
1.When an earthquake hits it is most likely to cause a tsunami if the state/country is near water
2.In Haiti the earthquake killed 250,000 people
3. The earthquake in Chile was 500 times more powerful then the one Haiti but only killed about 500 people
4.The earthquake in Chile went for 1 minute
5. When the earthquake in Chile was happening it was so strong it nearly change earths rotation.
6.When earthquakes go off families might get broken up
7.An earthquake is measured on the richter scale
8.Chile is located in the ring of fire [a place where earthquakes are more likely to happen]
9. Even though the one in Chile was earthquake was stronger it came down to money because for a building to be stable or near stable you need to use money to by steel to re-in-force the building
Do earthquakes happen out of the ring of fire?
Which earthquake caused the most destruction?
When an earthquake happens people will be scared as the don’t know if it is a big earthquake or a small one
Picture of ring of fire
Hi everyone I hope you are enjoying your holidays I will just be posting 100WC on my blog in the holidays also if you have any advice just comment on my blog.
Happy holidays everyone!!!!!
In term 2 we were learning about desert environments to see how much we learnt we were told we had to do a project about an animal/plant that lives in the Australian desert. In this project we had to include a model and much more. For this project I was working with Chiara and we got a plant it was the Old Man Saltbush when we were doing ours we got really creative and started using a new app for the model it was a little challenging but we enjoyed it.
Here are some things that I learnt from the project:
Some cool facts that I learnt:
- The old man saltbush has male and female plants the females are the ones that reproduce.
- The old man saltbush leaves can live for a long time.
- The old man saltbush is 1 of 250-300 species of saltbush
What I understood
- The Old man salt bush is a very special plant but one of the reasons why it’s still alive is how it keeps its water the way it keeps its water is because of the salt in the leaves as the salt makes the leaves shrink and that means less surface area so it will less will be in the sun so it keeps more water
- The Old man salt-bush is a very special plant as it is both male and female It has this so only 1 type of flower reproduce
- Does the old man salt bushes leaves show what their gender is when their young?
What was the most important thing I learnt:
- The most important skill I learnt was not to over think things lucky Chiara always stopped me from worrying or over thinking to much.
How did I learn it:
- I learnt this by having someone to stop me from over thinking after awhile I didn’t need someone to stop me from over thinking.
How will this help
- Not over thinking will stop me from panicking to much and not worrying to much it will also help me in ToM as I will be able to clear mind and focus on whats happening now and not in the future
I was looking up at the sky the beautiful sun shinning and the clear sky but then the weather changed dramatically it turned into a dark grey color the next thing I know there is a tornado chasing me 5 seconds later I hear a song playing it was a weird song like ”nah na nah nana nah” I fell the ground rumbling ” Ahhhh it’s an earthquake!!” I yelled I ran and ran then it started raining hail I couldn’t see a house anywhere I just ran and ran this was like a nightmare I suddenly woke up it was a nightmare.
In term 2 we did some research on an desert plant\animal to see their adaptations me and my partner Chiara got a plant here is the powerpoint about the Old Man Saltbush:
Old Man Saltbush presentation
Here is an image of the model
Here is a picture of a drawn annotated diagram
Hi guys I hope you are enjoying my blog and my posts. I would just like to say thanks to everyone who has commented on my blog also if you have any advice for me just comment on my blog!
Wildwood by Colin Meloy
Personality: Prue is a very persistent girl she will never give up and is a little stubborn she also has a younger brother Mac and will do anything to protect him like go into a forest.
Why I like her: I like her as she is a very positive girl and will always keep on going even when stuff is down she is also a great artist [animals and leaves.]
Little sneak peak at the storyline: Prue’s bother Mac has been taken by a murder of crows to the Impassable Wilderness and no one has ever come back but that won’t stop Pure so after a few lies Prue and Curtis set of to find Mac. Will they make it out?. Full Review coming soon……
The Series of Unfortunate Events: The Austere Academy by Lemony Snicket’s
Preview of pervious books:
In the series the Baudelaire’s have got the horrible news that their parents perished in a fire so they only have their fortune but they can’t use it till they are old enough so sent to live with their horrible relative Count Olaf and Olaf is trying to get his hands on there fortune and everywhere they go he follows creating mischief.
Lemony Snicket has done it again in this book Violet, Klaus and Sunny are sent to boarding school where there motto is you will die but that’s not the least of their concerns as they have a new gym teacher Coach Genghis who looks quite a lot like Count Olaf but luckily they have their friends Isadora and Duncan who are triplets [you will see why they are triplets in the book.]
I absolutely loved this book as it always had an unexpected turn of events also in this book the descriptions are amazing there are so many descriptive words I would recommend this book to anyone even adults as it just shows that how unfortunate someone’s life can be.
I score this book a….
Wildwood Charter Profile coming soon, look out for posts on my blog
Personality: Violet is a really intelligent girl who loves to invent lots of things she is also the oldest of 3 kids [Klaus and Sunny]
Why I like her: I like her as she is a really positive girl also she is a great role model for her younger siblings and she loves inventing which makes her a creative girl.
Little sneak peak at the storyline: Violet, Klaus and Sunny have to live another chapter of misery but this time there at Prufrock Prep this might sound fine but the motto of this school is ”you will die” and to top it off Count Olaf will be back. Will they keep their fortune?. Full review coming soon.