Link: Driver less cars
Questions : Green
This BTN was about how engineers and Scientists are trying to invent driver less cars.
- It will be along time till we have driver less cars
- driver less shuttle buses have already been invented
- 90 per cent of crashes are caused by drivers
If diver less buses have already been invented why is going to take a long time to have diver less cars?
How long will it take to have diver less cars?
Technology gets more complicated
This BTN was about how a sleeping volcano can still be dangerous
- Mt Sinabung was a sleeping volcano but it still erupted
- The smell of the ashes smelt like rotten eggs
- When a volcano doesn’t erupt it is called dormant
- There is a volcano in Naples called Mt Vesuvius and it is really dangerous
- It exploded in 79AD
- When it erupted in 79AD the ash from the volcano hardened around the buildings (making a cocoon) which preserved them for along time and with people the ash harden around the people when they were about to die
- If you want to find out when volcanoes are likely to erupt you can look at the patterns of when a volcano has erupted and then see the time patterns
- The biggest explosion by Mt Vesuvius was 2000 years ago!
How many sleeping volcanoes are there?
What volcano is the oldest?
All volcanoes are dangerous
This photo I edited shows how volcano erupt🌋🌋🌋
Watch this before you watch the video:Watch me
Link: Mincraft Playground
This Video was about how their was a competition on designing a park in minecraft and if you win builders will make it in real life and a school in SA won and they had their park designed
- Kids designed a park via Minecraft
- The park was built out of re-cycled wood
- Aboriginal design are around the park
- Their are 4 sections in the park
- In the design there was a leafy dragon statue but it was to big they couldn’t build it so instead the made a eagle nest that you can climb up and slide down
- 3o kids designed it
How long did take to design the park?
Who came up with the idea?
The kids worked hard to make the park
This Video was about Electricity and Electricity conductors and insulators
- Steven Gray came up with the theory of conductors and insulators
- A Hauksbee machine creates static electricity
- To work out the theory he made a structure that was two swings made of wood with slick holding the structure in the air then he placed some gold leaves at the bottom then he generated electricity through the Hauksbee that when through a rod and into the structure which went through the boy and made the gold leaves come up to his hand and also feathers
- Electricity can move (Electrons and Protons)
- In Electricity there are conductors and insulators
- Hair and Glass are insulators and Metal is a conductor
- Conductors and Insulators are still used today
What would happen is Steven Gray didn’t use silk and instead metal?
How did he come up with the idea?
Electricity is very complicated
LINK: Bollywood Culture
This Video was about what Bollywood dancing
- The name Bollywood is based in India’s largest city Mumbai It used to be called Bombay and that’s is were the name comes from; a mixture of Bombay and Hollywood which makes Bollywood
- Indian Goddesses did Bollywood dancing
- Hollywood movies make more money but less tickets but Bollywood makes more films and sells a around about billion more tickets every year but makes less money
- 1.2 billion people live on India and that is 4 times the amount of people in USA and 55 times the people in Australia
- Bollywood dancing is colorful (the clothes)
Are there different types of Bollywood dancing?
Which types of dances make up Bollywood?
Bollywood dancing is fun and colorful
Here is a picture\graph on the second last fact:
LINK: War Nurses
This Video was about how the war nurse went to war to help people this video was talking about Olive.
1.In the time women had no job choice.
2. In that time women couldn’t fight in the war but they wanted to help so the came war nurse.
3.War nurse travel to help there country in the war.
4.Olive went to France (as she travels overseas) in 1916.
5.At home women took over most of men’s jobs.
6.Some jobs that they did were fundraising and making packages for soldiers so they have have more supply.
1.What other women’s were war nurses?
2. Did women just nurse or did boys become nurse as well?
Being a war nurse is a very dangerous job
Recalls: Sky blue
Insight: Navy Blue
This text was about how Haiti’s earthquake did more damage then the one in Chile even though the one in Chile was stronger [in force]
1.When an earthquake hits it is most likely to cause a tsunami if the state/country is near water
2.In Haiti the earthquake killed 250,000 people
3. The earthquake in Chile was 500 times more powerful then the one Haiti but only killed about 500 people
4.The earthquake in Chile went for 1 minute
5. When the earthquake in Chile was happening it was so strong it nearly change earths rotation.
6.When earthquakes go off families might get broken up
7.An earthquake is measured on the richter scale
8.Chile is located in the ring of fire [a place where earthquakes are more likely to happen]
9. Even though the one in Chile was earthquake was stronger it came down to money because for a building to be stable or near stable you need to use money to by steel to re-in-force the building
Do earthquakes happen out of the ring of fire?
Which earthquake caused the most destruction?
When an earthquake happens people will be scared as the don’t know if it is a big earthquake or a small one
Picture of ring of fire
LINK: World happiness report
LINK 2: These are the scores in Australia I think
3 Recalls: Orange
2 Question: Blue
1 Insight: Pink
This video was about how the United states did a world wide happiness test to see which is the happiest country
The scoring for the World wide Happiness test was between 0-10 in the leaderboard Australia was 9th under New Zealand. The happiest place was Norway because the people there live long lives, people trust the government and the government takes care of them. The lowest countries were parts of Africa and Syria because of war and governments that don’t have much money.
How can Australia become 1st?
How does any government run out of money?
That USA wasn’t as happy as I thought
Link: Flag debate BTN
This video was about how people were having a debate over should we change our flag
The features of the australian flag are the Union Jack the southern cross and a star that represents the states and territories of Australia. People say that we should change the flag because it has nothing to do with aboriginals. People started to think about this because when people see the 3 flags [New zealand Australian and British] they straight away see the Union Jack which makes them think that those 2 other flags are british.British Australian New Zealand
If they did change the flag what would it look like?
If someone could change the flag would they keep the colors we have or change them?
Changing flags dose take a vote [by the parliament]
LINK: Bionic Body
3 Recalls-Dark Green
This video was about how Human body parts can be replaced by Bionic parts and what difference there will be.
Bionic body parts replace other body parts the best thing is Australia came up with the bionic body parts,all together 60% of the human body can be replaced! and now we have 3D printing it’s way easier.
1. This video was taken in 2015 have any new bionic body parts been made since then?
2. Could you replace other animals parts like horses?
Making a bionic part may be hard but it is worth it
I took it a little further and looked up question number 2 but I couldn’t find anything about it but from what I read I thought the answer would be there still working on it