This BTN was about how a sleeping volcano can still be dangerous
- Mt Sinabung was a sleeping volcano but it still erupted
- The smell of the ashes smelt like rotten eggs
- When a volcano doesn’t erupt it is called dormant
- There is a volcano in Naples called Mt Vesuvius and it is really dangerous
- It exploded in 79AD
- When it erupted in 79AD the ash from the volcano hardened around the buildings (making a cocoon) which preserved them for along time and with people the ash harden around the people when they were about to die
- If you want to find out when volcanoes are likely to erupt you can look at the patterns of when a volcano has erupted and then see the time patterns
- The biggest explosion by Mt Vesuvius was 2000 years ago!
How many sleeping volcanoes are there?
What volcano is the oldest?
All volcanoes are dangerous
This photo I edited shows how volcano erupt🌋🌋🌋