In term 2 we were learning about desert environments to see how much we learnt we were told we had to do a project about an animal/plant that lives in the Australian desert. In this project we had to include a model and much more. For this project I was working with Chiara and we got a plant it was the Old Man Saltbush when we were doing ours we got really creative and started using a new app for the model it was a little challenging but we enjoyed it.
Here are some things that I learnt from the project:
Some cool facts that I learnt:
- The old man saltbush has male and female plants the females are the ones that reproduce.
- The old man saltbush leaves can live for a long time.
- The old man saltbush is 1 of 250-300 species of saltbush
What I understood
- The Old man salt bush is a very special plant but one of the reasons why it’s still alive is how it keeps its water the way it keeps its water is because of the salt in the leaves as the salt makes the leaves shrink and that means less surface area so it will less will be in the sun so it keeps more water
- The Old man salt-bush is a very special plant as it is both male and female It has this so only 1 type of flower reproduce
- Does the old man salt bushes leaves show what their gender is when their young?
What was the most important thing I learnt:
- The most important skill I learnt was not to over think things lucky Chiara always stopped me from worrying or over thinking to much.
How did I learn it:
- I learnt this by having someone to stop me from over thinking after awhile I didn’t need someone to stop me from over thinking.
How will this help
- Not over thinking will stop me from panicking to much and not worrying to much it will also help me in ToM as I will be able to clear mind and focus on whats happening now and not in the future